The Open Food Network turned 10th this week.
That’s right, for the last 10 years the Open Food Network community has been working tirelessly to create a better, fairer, more sustainable and more connected food system. We’re incredibly proud of what we have achieved so far. Did you know that:
- There are more than 20 Open Food Network instances operating all around the world!
- In the last year alone, our software platform has connected $12M USD of local food from 2,528 producers to 38,839 eaters!
- We’ve created tons of free resources to help community food enterprises to thrive
- We’ve even built our own social enterprise consultancy which helps communities imagine the best food system they can imagine, and then make them happen.
- We’ve won numerous awards, including the VicHealth Seed Challenge, the international OuiShare award and the Mozilla Covid-19 solutions award.
- We’ve also just been recognised as one of the top 50 nominees for US $2 million Curt Bergfors Food Planet Prize.
We couldn’t have done any of this work without the support of our amazing community of food hubs, farmers, producers, restaurants, drivers, workshop participants, and of course, the Open Food Network Australia team.
Here’s to the next 10 years!
Can we help?
Have an idea, a project or a question? Want help using the Open Food Network software? Get in touch and find out how we can help you with it.
Keep in touch
Create a listing, shop or group directory on the Open Food Network. Tell me more!
Read our Terms and conditions | Find us on GitHub
Open Food Network is a free and open source software platform. Our content is licensed with CC BY-SA 3.0 and our code with AGPL 3.
We take good care of your data. See our cookies policy
Open Food Network respectfully acknowledges the traditional custodians of the unceded lands on which we meet, work and live. We pay our respects to their Elders, past, present and emerging and acknowledge their deep spiritual relationship to country.